Thursday, August 25, 2005

Reconnected

I have finally reached Chapel Hill after an exciting 10 days of wandering. Chapel Hill is nice...quiet and simple. I guess that's what we all signed up for. I have a dorm in South campus and I was assigned one of those newly built ones. There's only one word to describe it: hospital. Yes...it's that sterile. But apparently things will heat up once all the residents move in. I have an 18 year old roommate and among the things that he brought are TV, mircowave, fridge, PS2. Yes, I'm a lucky guy. Hope he is nice though.

Piecemeal update about my trip:

NEW YORK IN BRIEF though boxers are the choice of intimate wear in my 12 men bunk

Jazz on the Park Hostel: Cheap, good but a little far

Lady Liberty: The hottest babe in town

Metropolitan Art Museum: 9 hours in 2 days ain't enough

American Museum of Natural History: Tells me why I'm in Arts

Empire State Building: Great view period

NBC Studios: Its a wonder how much money trashy TV can make

Chinatown: Ngo Mmm Sek Gong Gong Fu Wah

UN HQ: Satisfied the Political Scientist in me

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger chilipino said...

Yoz Sida, good to know that you've had a good time so far. Good that you managed to cover so much of NYC in such a short time... Hope you're settling in well too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home