Saturday, August 27, 2005

Dinner

I'm a little disappointed with the program which they have for international students. The freshmen are out having their orientation but we have no part in it. Instead, the school has tailored an orientation specially for us. As a result, I find myself hanging out with my fellow Singaporeans (for the record they are very nice people). But I didn't come 12000 miles not to get to know the locals. Well, we'll see how that goes.

Part 3: Washington DC

The Allen Lee Hotel: Great price, great location (5 min from the war memorials) but when you pay peanuts, you get a monkey living in the basement with tiny roaches running around. But I survived.

Smithsonian Institute: Huge. You'll need at least 5 days to cover all the museums. I went to the Air and Space Museum and the Museum of American History.

Washington Memorial: Reminded me of Command and Conquer = )

WW2, Korean, Vietnam War memorials: Emotional place. Hey day for the military historian.

White House: White

Capitol Hill: .........

Security level: Paranoid

Yes. This sums up my 10 days of travel. One thing which might interest all who intend to backpack to the USA is that Greyhound uses fly paper for flooring on their buses. Go figure

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home