Friday, February 03, 2006

Words and more words

Would it be any different
If I could turn back time
To the point of my decision
Where I made my stand

It doesn't really matter
For the choice as been made
The path ahead is uncertain
And I'm unable to see ahead

So I stand in the crossroads
Unsure really what to expect
Carrying a mix bag of emotions
And fighting back the strain

The double-edged sword I wield
Of caring for someone so dear
To be her friend yet her suitor
Is a challenge that needs to be met

My own fears and doubts
Sometimes manifest itself in words
But to be ruled by insecurities
Would be a huge detriment indeed

Taking a step back to ponder and reflect
Upon the situation that I'm in
A sudden realisation has been made
And a resolution in its wake

Patience and trust I do not have
Baggages of the past still being borne
The need for me to step out
Presents an opportunity to grow

Abide in the will I must
And submit myself into the hands
For I know there are plans for me
And a sweet convenant of faith

Uncertain still I am of what lies ahead
But my choice has been made
So I will walk along in assurance
With the promises made

Bobbert, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home