Sunday, September 04, 2005

Of floods and high ground

I guess all of you have heard what happened to New Orleans. All I can say that its a shame what administrative red-tape can do to people who are desperate for help. I guess we should all pray for God to touch those who are facing immense trials there. On a light note. I received a hastily typed email from a very dear friend of mine asking me if I was affected by the huuricane and if I was safe. I honestly didn't know if I should laugh or cry. North Carolina is at least 3 states north of where the hurricane hit. However, it was very sweet of her to send me that mail. Thanks girl, really appreciate it!

I finally went to church today. It was called Summit Church. Baptist in origin. It was nice, atmosphere isn't too different from churches back home. I guess I might go there again. Due to the high gas prices, I was indeed lucky to get a ride from this lady from IVCF who drove myself and another guy to church. I guess all that chaffeuring people around Singapore finally paid off. Time to enjoy being a passenger!

1 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger Roy said...

So it's better to be driven than to drive eh? Well, it depends on what car too?

Vroom Vroom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home